Original and custom Pencil Portraits take an average of 2- 4 weeks to create depending on size, subject and details. Please order your portrait 2- 6 weeks before you require it, especially if you are ordering for a special occasion.
Please start by sending me an email describing your portrait idea to email@example.com with your favorite photo/s attached so I can give you a few options for purchasing.
I can provide you with a proper pricing quote after I have seen the photos to be used to create your portrait.
To help you, the pricing guide below can be used for an estimate for your portrait.
1. Call me direct at 416-894-7671. Tell me about your portrait idea!
You can also go to the contact page and fill out the request form so I can learn a bit of background for your portrait. I am happy to arrange in person consultations for portrait inquiries to discuss your ideas.
Be part of the creation process.
I help you choose the right photo/s, best portrait size, details you want to include and best displaying options for your portrait. You will receive updates as the portrait is being created, so you can be part of the final look and feel of the finished piece.
2. Make a deposit to confirm your portrait order.
Once we've gone over the details and I have given you an accurate quote, make a deposit to confirm your order. Purchase with cash, credit card or e-transfer. (See info box below).
3. I get started on the creation of your portrait. The balance is due upon completion.
Portraits can be ordered and shipped across the globe.
4. Need your portrait professionally framed or an additional print? Choose to take advantage of the framing services and display options I provide. Read on for my suggestions.
Displaying your Artwork
I highly recommend having your completed portrait professionally custom framed.
I partner with Peachtree Gallery in Oakville, ON who offers me a fantastic rate so that I in turn can offer you fantastic framing at a great price. When you choose to have your portrait framed through me, I go through the entire process to have it beautifully framed, from drop off to pick up, and hand delivered to you.
Some portraits make excellent recreation prints when printed on canvas. The image is printed into fine art canvas, then wrapped around a wood frame that is ready to hang and display. They can be additionally framed for a stunning impression.
Depending on the subject matter of your portrait, acrylic prints can add an impressive punch to display as a recreation print. The digital image of your portrait is printed onto a thick piece of clear acrylic and then mounted on the back so they are ready to hang and display in your home or office.
The following guide is to help give you an idea of portrait pricing. I can provide you with an accurate quote after I have seen the photo/s to be used for your portrait. Prices will vary depending on your subject and portrait idea.
Portrait pricing is based on unframed portraits. They come wrapped in a presentation box.
People, Pets or sentimental subject
(head and shoulder one subject) - high detailed portrait
Works best for GREAT photo references.
- 9" x 12" - $700
- 10"x 13" - $800
- 11"x 14" - $900
- 12"x 16" - $1000
- 16"x 20" -$1200+
People, Pets or sentimental subject
(head and shoulder one subject) - lower detailed portrait
Lower detailed portraits include details of main features like eyes, nose , lips and hair and may have no additional shading or very little shading in the portrait.
9" x 10" / 10" x 12" - starting at $300
- *Additional person/pet/subject per portrait - $100+ depending on details and size of portrait
- Background and additional details may be extra
- Custom sized portraits start at size 9" x 12" and can be as large as 16" x 20".
- Larger sizes can be available upon request, or a larger sized fine art print can be created from an original.
- Framing options available
- Taxes included in pricing
- Personal hand delivery of your completed portrait within Oakville and surrounding areas including Burlington, Hamilton, Milton, Mississauga and Toronto. Secure packaging and shipping of your completed portrait if you reside a further distance away.
Included with each portrait:
- A digital image of your completed original portrait sent to you through email and perfect for sharing through social media or saving as a wallpaper on your mobile phone or computer monitor.
- My stamp of authenticity on the back of your completed portrait.
- A guide on caring for your original artwork and/or print/s.
Payment and Purchasing Options:
Meet me in person to confirm and purchase your portrait order, or choose to purchase online.
Portraits may be purchased with one full payment, or split into 2 or more payments.
Online and in person credit card purchases are processed through Square payment processing.
Gift Cards are available. Gift Card purchases are a great alternative when time is of essence. They allow the receiver the option of becoming part of the creation process for a Pencil Portrait. Gift Cards can be used for the future creation of a custom Pencil Portrait or print, and are redeemable at any time. Denominations are any amount you wish, and can be used as a deposit, full payment, recreation print/s and framing of a completed Pencil Portrait.
Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about purchasing a Gift Card.
Purchase in person:
- Purchase with cash, company check or money order
- Purchase with secure mobile swiped credit card payment processing (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover)
- Debit purchase through e-transfer (I cover the fee)
- Credit card purchase. I send you an invoice with link to take you through a secure and easy payment process.
- Purchase your portrait in full, make a deposit or buy a Gift Card through the shop page.
Pencil Portraits start with good reference photos.
A good reference photo will make the difference between a good portrait, and a GREAT portrait.
The clearer a photo is with the more details shown, the better a completed portrait will look.
Close ups are good!
Want to learn how to take better photos to add to your collection of memories?
Enter your email to receive my free easy to follow guide.
I can help with photo creation for portraits. I'm also a portrait photographer.
Schedule a photo session with me to create some new updated photos of your favorite people, pets or prized possessions, to be used as a reference photo for a pencil portrait, or just because.