The beautiful thing about original artwork is the uniqueness and creativity that each individual piece holds.
Hello, I'm Sarah Kelly. Portrait artist, photographer, southpaw, coffee lover. Seeker of spiritual truths, observer, dreamer. A dreamer who draws realism...ha! Drawing has always come as a natural ability for me. My desire to learn the art of realistic drawing took hold while studying fine arts at Sheridan College in Oakville, ON. A realistic drawing of water ripples in a textbook - a defining, and inspiring moment.
Since then, many hours of observation and practice led me to develop and continue creating in the art of realistic drawing. I discovered that going back to what came naturally was the best path for me to follow as an artist. I love creating art that helps people connect to what means most.
Since 2005 I have been creating custom portraits for individuals, businesses and associations, families, newlywed couples, husbands, wives and loving pet owners. Each portrait is joyfully created in my home studio based in Oakville, ON.
It is with much loving intention to use my gifts to create art that inspire, connect, and fuel the passions for the things in life that feed your heart and soul.
A little bit of your heart and soul go into each portrait. A whole lot of passion, creativity and love go into each one.
Pencil Portraits start with your memorable and favorite photos.
Do you have a portrait idea on your bucket list? Have that someone on your gift list that is hard to buy for? Want to give something memorable to someone special?
Ideas for a portrait:
- A wedding gift for your loving partner, daughter, sister, or cousin.
- An In Memoriam or Celebration of Life cherished piece of a loved family member, friend or loved one.
- Favorite animals and beloved pets!
- A milestone birthday or anniversary gift that will leave memorable impressions by all who witnessed the occasion.
- Collections and Hall of Fame displays for impressing and rewarding your valued associates at award ceremonies and presentations.
- Unique collections for your corporation or association that proudly showcase your history and success over the years.
- Your prized car, childhood home, or other subject of sentimental meaning for you or others.
They are one of a kind offerings for a special occasion or just because; for others or yourself, as part of a collection, or individual pieces. Unique original gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, celebrations of life, milestone events, or for a reason that holds significance for you. Portraits can be pre-purchased as a gift card, custom framed, made into beautiful prints, and recreated into custom cards, to proudly display and share with others.
They are a perfect way to share and celebrate the things in life that make life meaningful.
"Dear Sarah, my family and I would like to thank you for the amazing portrait of Karen. You captured her beauty and soul. It was a pleasure working with an artist that cares about details and perfection. I recommend everyone to have Sarah draw a portrait of your special someone, so they may live on through her work and in your hearts." Gord Kerr
You're part of the process. Co-create your portrait with me.
- I guide you in choosing the right photo/s, size for your portrait, details that you want to include, and best displaying options. You will receive progressive updates as your portrait is being created, so you can be part of the final look and feel of your finished piece of custom artwork.
With proper care, finished portraits are treasured pieces that will last a lifetime and longer.
- Recreate your original portrait with every detail intact, on fine art paper, canvas or acrylic.
- Be earth friendly with Eco-friendly prints available on bamboo and sugar cane fine art papers.
- Impressively display your artwork with professional framing, a service I provide for your completed portrait.
- Include striking name plates for your completed portrait when choosing framing options.
I highly recommend having your completed portrait professionally custom framed.
Besides giving your portrait a stunning appearance in a frame, professionally framed portraits will protect and ensure the life of your portrait. I've partnered with Peachtree Gallery in Oakville, ON who offers me a fantastic rate so that I in turn can offer you fantastic framing at a great price. When you choose to have your portrait framed through me, I go through the entire process to have it beautifully framed, from drop off to pick up, and hand delivered to you.
Send me your portrait idea and favorite photo/s to email@example.com for your initial inquiry. I'll offer you advice and guide you through the process to have your portrait created.